Sunday, February 28, 2010

I Need Another Vacation

We had a nice week in Florida visiting with my parents, but it wasn't easy to be back at work. The state of RI is attacking teachers and Jerry's school was the first target. It seems that we teachers are to blame for the students' lack of motivation and success on the high stakes testing. I don't think the next few months are going to be much fun at work, because I'm sure Woonsocket will be next school system to be attacked.
On lighter note, my kids are complaining that I haven't blogged in a while, I guess they are my audience here, so I better keep them happy. So here are some scraps....I worked on a few LO's for Bubblescrap Designs and Rucola Designs, and I have a bunch of LO's to post so I will try to get them all up this week.
Here's a LO with some pictures of our day kayaking. I had to give up my usual seat to my mom, so she got to be paddled around by Jerry and I had to really work. I wasn't a happy camper, but I sucked it up and tried to have fun for my mom and Elizabeth's sake. They both had a good time, so it was worth the sore muscles and blisters. Next time, I get the passenger seat.
For this LO I use Spring Cake by Bubblescrap Designs.

Here's a picture of me and my mom from our sunset walk on the beach, this LO is from a QP that I made a while back using the February Mega Kit from MLAS called Totally Devoted.

For this LO of my niece Elizabeth I use Rucola Design's kit called Fresh & Wet. I really love the bright colors in this kit. And you will see more LO's made with this kit.


Here's a freebie for you from the shop at MLAS. I'll be back tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Wow wonderful Layouts!!

    *hugs*
    Nina (NH Designz)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! I didn't realize you had a blog. Thanks for finding me! I'm still trying to find my way around, so I'm glad to find another friend here. :) I'll be visiting again! :D

    ReplyDelete