Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Rain, Rain GO AWAY!

We are in the middle of the Great Flood of 2010. I'm going to go out and take a few pictures of the river and get Jerry to take me out to dinner. The poor guy has been in the basement for two days now, and every once in a while I check on him and he says he's all set, so I go back to my computer and TV. I'm glad cleaning cellars is a "boy" job!
Actually it's not really so bad for us because we just have some water in our basement and we (I mean he) had to pump it out and use a wet vac. We always keep most of our junk off the floor so it's just a matter of cleaning up the water.
There are people all over the state that are in much worse situations. I've seen some pictures of cars covered with water and houses and businesses with 2-3 feet of water in them!
But, I'm sure he's getting tired because it stopped raining about 8 hours ago and the water is still coming in! Maybe I'll take a shift and let him get some rest.

I'll finish this post later...

I'm baaaack...

Here's a link to some pictures I just took of the Blackstone River. One of my favorite restaurants is conveniently located right near this section of the river, so I did get to go out to dinner!

And finally, here's another LO I did of our weekend in Maine a couple of weeks ago. For this LO I used a new kit from Bubblescrap Designs called Basket Surprise and I think it is supposed to be released tomorrow at MLAS. AND tomorrow is Thrify Thursday, so there will probably be some great sales going on!
I have a few more LO's to post, so check back again in a couple of days. I'm off to man the pumps.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that sounds rough. :/ I'll be trying to send you some of our sunshine... sounds like we all need to share it after this winter!

    ReplyDelete